Frequently Asked Questions
- HOW LARGE IS YOUR FACILITY? Fort Tryon is a 205 bed facility. As a relatively small facility, Fort Tryon maintains a homey, close knit and welcoming atmosphere.
- WHICH INSURANCES DO YOU ACCEPT? Fort Tryon accepts many insurances including Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances. To find out if we take your insurance, please speak with our admissions director. Fort Tryon also has a dedicated reimbursement specialist who advocates on your behalf to your insurance company, to secure the coverage you’ll need to recuperate as optimally as possible.
- HOW LONG IS THE AVERAGE STAY FOR A RESIDENT AT FORT TRYON? Depending on the needs of the resident, a stay in Fort Tryon for rehabilitation purposes typically can be as short as a few days and may last up to 90 days. Fort Tryon is also equipped with a long term care unit that provides Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to our resident’s. To Learn more about the long term care unit, click here.
- WHEN VISITING SOMEONE AT FORT TRYON, MAY I BRING ALONG FOOD OR GIFTS? Residents love gifts and they are always welcome! Even something small like a family photo, flowers or balloons are welcome and appreciated! Please consult with the nursing staff before bringing food to patients as they are often on special diets. Any food kept in the resident’s room must be in properly sealed containers. For general tips when visiting, click here.
- WHAT ARE THE VISITING HOURS AT FORT TRYON? There are no set visiting hours at Fort Tryon Center; however, preferred visiting hours are from 11 am- 8 pm daily. For more information regarding visiting a loved one at Fort Tryon, click here.
WHERE CAN I FIND PARKING WHEN VISITING FORT TRYON?
Free parking is available for all visitors to Fort Tryon.
The parking lot is:
Castle Village Parking
200 Cabrini Blvd at 186th St NY, NY
From Fort Tryon Center
- Make left onto Fort Washington Ave
- Make right onto 181st St
- Make right onto Cabrini Blvd.
- You will see Castle Village Parking on your left
- MAY WE TAKE A TOUR OF THE FACILITY TO SEE IF IT’S THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR US? Absolutely! We understand that choosing a healthcare facility is an important decision and want to make sure you are satisfied with your decision. To schedule a tour, please call 212-543-6400
- IS THE THERAPY AT FORT TRYON PROVIDED IN GROUP SESSIONS OR INDIVIDUALLY? Fort Tryon has the unique distinction of always providing individual, one on one therapy, customized to the specific needs of the individual resident.
- HOW MUCH THERAPY DOES A RESIDENT RECEIVE AT FORT TRYON? At Fort Tryon, residents receive an average of 2-3 hours of intensive therapy daily.
WILL HOME HEALTH CARE BE PROVIDED AFTER DISCHARGE FROM FORT TRYON?
Upon discharge from our facility, Forty Tryon offers three, Home-Care options for those that are eligible.
- Fort Tryon’s is a Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA), which means that home health nurses can travel to our patients’ homes to administer medication and provide round the clock medical treatments.
- Fort Tryon Center is licensed to provide Home Health Aides when our patients wish to live at home but still require assistance with day to day living chores. Home Health Aides provide assistance with daily living activities such as light housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry and other needs.
- Fort Tryon Center offers LTHHCP (Long Term Home Health Care Program), also known as the Lombardi Program for people who are medically eligible to live in a long term nursing facility, but prefer to live at home or with another responsible adult.
- WHAT ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT ARE PROVIDED TO RESIDENTS ARE FORT TRYON? Fort Tryon offers a variety of daily activities and entertainment for our residents. For more information, click here.
WHAT SUPPORTIVE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO RESIDENTS ARE FORT TRYON?
Fort Tryon offers an array of supportive services to enhance a stay at our facility. Supportive services include:
- Physicians and Geriatric nurse practitioner’s on-site daily
- Social workers, Psychology and Psychiatry services
- Comprehensive physical, occupational and speech therapy
- On site Dental, podiatry and optometry services
- On site X-ray and laboratory blood work services
- Comprehensive therapeutic recreation program
- Beauty parlor/barber shop
- Wheelchair-accessible van
- Jewish and Christian religious services
- WHAT RELIGIOUS SERVICES ARE OFFERED TO RESIDENTS? At Fort Tryon we go out of our way to accommodate the religious needs of our residents. This includes providing Jewish and Christian religious services. Popular Jewish, Christian and legal Holidays are celebrated at Fort Tryon in a special loving manner, with holidays foods and festivities. Additionally, all food served at our facility is Kosher Certified. If you have a request for special religious accommodations, please contact our social worker and we will do everything we can to accommodate your special customs.