Meet the team
Michael Karash, LNHA
Michael is a native to Washington Heights where he studied locally at Yeshiva University and graduated with a MSW, becoming a Licensed Social Worker.
- As a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator in NY & NJ, Michael has almost 20 yrs experience in Long Term Health Care Administration.
- Additionally, he has served on NYSHFA (NYS Health Facilities Association) Ethics & Standards Committee and was Selected to participate in NYSHFA’s Foundation for Quality Care - Advanced Administrator’s training.
- Michael is a member of the Greater NY Health Care Association and a Former Adjunct Professor of Gerontology at Long Island University (LIU).
- Michael loves sports and serves as a Little League Baseball Coach.
Director of Rehabilitation
Dr. Renee Fishweicher PT MS DPT
- Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- Renee graduated Hunter College School of Health Sciences in 1978 with a BS degree in Physical therapy and a Masters degree in Exercise physiology/Cardiac rehabilitation from Queens College in 1995.
- She received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Dominican College in 2012.
- Renee is a member of the APTA and participated in APTA task force in Virginia in 2001.
Director of Social Services
Jordan Thaler, LMSW
Jordan has served as the Director of Social Services at Fort Tryon Center since 2011. Prior to that, he served as Director of Social Services at several large skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities in the New York area. He brings to Fort Tryon Center a wealth of education, experience and a working knowledge of a wide range of patient populations.
Jordan received his Master’s in Social Work from Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, Ohio) in 1984 and immediately headed west. Landing in Chicago, he practiced for several years as a therapist working with clients and families with drug and alcohol disorders and with severely and persistently mentally ill clients. In addition, he founded a private psychotherapy practice and an outpatient substance dependence program. In 1993, he moved again: this time to New York City. He began his East Coast practice by working as the Director of a 40-bed, HIV nursing home in Harlem. Over the past twenty years, he has served as the Director of Social Services at Rutland Nursing Home, Bay Park Center for Nursing & Rehabilitation and Kateri Residence. He was also an adjunct professor at Tuoro College’s Physician Assistant Program.
Director of Nursing
Julieza Lavina, RN
Julieza graduated from Christ Hospital School of Nursing and became a licensed Registered Nurse in the state of NY. Her experience in the nursing profession has been primarily in the long-term care setting. Julieza served as a charge nurse in different skilled nursing facilities including Fort Tryon. Prior to becoming Director of Nursing, she was selected to be the Nursing Supervisor for the Sub Acute Rehabilitation Unit followed by another promotion as the Assistant Director of Nursing.
Her experience includes:
- Patient Care
- Wound Care
- Clinical Specialist
- Staff Education
- Infection Control Coordinator
Julieza also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from La Salle University in the Philippines.